Banana bread is a very popular banana-based cake that can be easily made and varied in many ways. It is perfect for serving guests or enjoying with a cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon. It can last for several days, that is, if it doesn’t get eaten before then.
Banana bread recipe
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 150 grams of soft butter or margarine
- 150 grams of sugar, brown sugar, or any sugar substitute
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- a handful of almonds, walnuts, or peanuts (about 1-2 handfuls combined, according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
Preparing Bananas Bread
- Start by mashing the bananas with a fork.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, a pinch of salt, and ground cinnamon.
- Chop the almonds, walnuts, or peanuts into small pieces (you can use a food processor to crush them). Set some aside for garnishing (they can be crushed or left whole).
- In a separate bowl, cream the sugar with the eggs until fluffy. Add the melted butter and then the flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a baking pan and either line it with parchment paper or dust it with flour.
- Pour the banana mixture into the baking pan and sprinkle the remaining nuts on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175-180 degrees Celsius (350-375 degrees Fahrenheit) for approximately 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It’s advisable to check the middle with a toothpick to ensure it is cooked through.
This banana cake can be further enhanced with nuts, almonds, white chocolate, or other fruits. It can also be sliced in half and spread with jam or honey. It is highly versatile. Before serving, you can sprinkle it with powdered sugar or serve it warm with vanilla ice cream. The combination is truly irresistible. Enjoy your meal!
Back to the articles in the category