Banana cake is usually made when bananas are overripe and we don’t want to make a banana smoothie out of them. It’s good to have a recipe on hand that allows us to quickly and easily make a cake or cookie. Banana muffins are usually a quick favorite, so we recommend a very simple cookie recipe. We often hesitate to make cookies, whether they are walnut cookies, almond cookies, or even oatmeal cookies, because we think it takes a lot of time to cut them out. The same goes for the traditional Christmas linzer cookies. However, with this cake, you don’t need to cut out the dough. Let’s see!
Banana Cake Recipe
- 100g flour
- Half a packet of baking powder
- 75g softened butter or margarine
- 100g sugar, honey, or any sugar substitute
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 small egg
- 40g fine oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons rum
- A pinch of cinnamon and ground nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- First, drizzle the oatmeal with rum and set it aside to soak.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, sugar, a pinch of salt, and the spices.
- Add the softened butter or margarine, the mashed banana, and the beaten egg.
- Mix everything thoroughly to obtain a homogeneous batter.
- Then, mix in the rum-soaked oatmeal.
- Incorporate this into the banana mixture.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a teaspoon (or a smaller tablespoon) to scoop mounds of dough onto the lined baking tray. They should be about 4-5 cm apart, as they will spread and grow during baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown, with slightly darker edges.
This cookie can be enriched with white or dark chocolate, or even walnuts and almonds. It can be stored for weeks in a tightly sealed metal container. It can be packed for snacks or morning tea, and it will be a favorite not only among children!
Back to the articles in the category