Nowadays, various fruit snacks like apple chips or banana chips are experiencing a resurgence. These tasty snacks have the great advantage of not containing any added additives or sugars, and they retain the vitamins and minerals found in the fruit. Banana chips contain plenty of B vitamins and trace elements, and their preparation is really simple. The thinner the slices, the crispier they will be, and this golden rule applies to any fruit or vegetable. It’s worth experimenting with other fruits or even vegetables; beetroot or celery chips are truly unique. It’s definitely worth a try!
Banana chips recipe
- 3 large bananas
- 1 lemon
Preparation of Banana Chips:
- First, peel the bananas and slice them thinly. The slices should be approximately half a centimeter thick and of equal size. It is important for them to bake evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the banana slices on it in a way that they do not overlap.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon and drizzle it over the arranged banana slices.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and dry/bake at 50-60 degrees Celsius (120-140 degrees Fahrenheit) for at least 2-3 hours.
- Flip the slices halfway through to ensure both sides are cooked and dried.
- Be careful not to burn them, just let them dry. Over-baking will make them chewy instead of crispy.
- Once they are done, allow them to cool before consuming.
They can also be drizzled with freshly squeezed orange juice or flavored with ground cinnamon. This quantity will yield approximately 4 servings, but it’s advisable to make a larger batch because they can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. That is, if they last that long because they are so delicious that everyone will devour them! Enjoy your meal!
Back to the articles in the category