Banana chocolate cake is usually made when the banana is overripe and we no longer want to make a banana smoothie out of it, and chocolate is our favorite. In such cases, it’s good to have a recipe on hand that allows us to quickly and easily prepare a delicious dessert that we can taste as soon as possible. Here is such a recipe: it can be made quickly and easily, perfect for after Sunday lunch or for entertaining guests.
Banana Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 18 dag flour
- half a package of baking powder
- 12.5 dag softened butter or margarine
- 10 dag sugar, brown sugar, or any sugar substitute
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas + 1 for decoration on top
- 2 eggs
- 5-10 dag finely chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Instructions for making Banana Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a cake pan.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- In another bowl, cream the softened butter or margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mash the 2 ripe bananas with a fork and add them to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the banana mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and smooth the top.
- Slice the remaining banana and arrange the slices on top of the batter for decoration.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice and serve the delicious banana chocolate cake. Enjoy!
This banana cake can be further enriched with walnuts, almonds, or white chocolate, or even other fruits. It can also be sliced in half and spread with jam or honey. It’s truly versatile. Before serving, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top, or it can be served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The combination will be absolutely irresistible. Enjoy your meal!
Back to the articles in the category