The banana egg pancake is a quick and easy recipe made with only two ingredients. Despite being a dessert, it is healthy and suitable for those with different sensitivities. It is gluten-free and dairy-free, making it compatible with the paleo diet as well!
Banana Egg Pancake Recipe
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- coconut oil for frying
- optional: vanilla extract, cinnamon, gingerbread spice mix to taste
- Peel the banana and mash it thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the eggs to the mashed banana and mix well.
- If desired, add spices such as vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add a small amount of coconut oil. If you have a high-quality non-stick pan, you can even cook without coconut oil.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the banana pancake batter into the pan. You can make American-style pancakes that are about 8-10 cm in diameter, different from the traditional thin Hungarian pancakes that are rolled up.
- Once bubbles start to form on the surface of the banana pancake, use a spatula to flip it over in one swift motion.
- Cook the other side of the banana pancake for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- The pancake is best served fresh and warm, but it can also be enjoyed cold.
Back to the articles in the category