A banana muffin is an extremely popular and easily made delicious pastry. It is perfect for beginners in baking, as no culinary expertise is required. Simply mix the ingredients together, spoon them into muffin molds, bake them, and soon your guests will be amazed! It can be prepared for any occasion, but it is also excellent for enjoying with an afternoon coffee or a tasty tea, as a fragrant delicacy. Furthermore, this delightful sweet treat stays fresh and soft for days when stored in an airtight container.
Banana Muffin Recipe
- 250 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 80 grams of softened butter or margarine
- 140 grams of sugar
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
- a pinch of salt
Instructions for Making Banana Muffins:
- Start by mixing the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, a pinch of salt, and the ground cinnamon.
- Then peel the bananas and mash them with a fork or press them.
- Put the mashed banana into a larger bowl and use an electric mixer to thoroughly combine it with the sugar, egg, and softened butter.
- Gradually add the flour mixture while stirring continuously.
- Mix until the batter becomes smooth.
- Grease the muffin tin with butter and dust it with flour, or line it with muffin liners.
- Spoon the batter into the molds, filling them only about ¾ full since the batter will expand during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit) and bake for about 20-25 minutes. The muffins should have a nice golden-brown color, with the edges slightly darker. You can perform a toothpick test to ensure the center is cooked. If a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean without any raw batter sticking to it, then they are ready.
This recipe makes enough for 12 muffins. It’s worth making a larger quantity since they are quick to prepare and can be stored for several days. They can be prepared in various variations and enriched with additional fruits (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, pears, etc.), nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts), or chocolate chunks. They are great for packing as a snack for school or work, and not just kids will love them!
Back to the articles in the category