Banana pancakes? Why not? Banana cake, muffins, or pancakes are usually made when we have a few overripe bananas that we don’t know what to do with. That’s when the best banana delicacy recipes come into play. The goal is always to make it as simple and quick as possible. Banana pancakes may not be the quickest to make – for example, fried bananas can be enjoyed much sooner – but it’s definitely worth the effort!
Banana Pancake Recipe
- 200g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 3 dl milk
- 50g sugar
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- First, mix the flour with baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add beaten eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and half of the milk. Mix well with a hand blender.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and continue stirring.
- Finally, pour in the remaining milk and mix until smooth and free of lumps.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pancake pan.
- Using a small ladle (or 4 tablespoons), pour one portion of the batter into the pan and gently rotate the pan to evenly cover the surface with batter.
- Cook over medium heat, then carefully flip the pancake and cook the other side until done.
These pancakes can be enjoyed plain, sprinkled with powdered sugar, or drizzled with honey. However, they are most delicious when spread with melted chocolate or Nutella and topped with additional banana slices (or any other fruit, such as apple or pear pieces). They can also be served with ice cream and whipped cream for decoration. The possibilities are endless, limited only by our imagination or the ingredients we have at home.
Back to the articles in the category