Diet sugar-free banana bread is not only a good choice for people with diabetes. Banana is a popular fruit that has extremely beneficial effects on our bodies. Thanks to its high vitamin and mineral content, it contributes to maintaining our health. Moreover, we can use bananas not only for flavoring but also for sweetening, making them a great ingredient for sugar-free desserts. This diet sugar-free banana bread is made with oats, making it gluten-free. And since it contains no fat or lactose, it’s a truly fit recipe.
Diet Sugar-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- 16 dag of fine oats (if you want it gluten-free, purchase the gluten-free version)
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 20 dag zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
Preparation of Diet Banana Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 25×10 centimeter baking pan with parchment paper.
- Grate the zucchini.
- Put the oats in a food processor and process for about 20-30 seconds. The goal is to not have large pieces. Add the dry ingredients, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and process again to mix them.
- Put the bananas in a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and grated zucchini with its juice to the mashed bananas.
- Pour the oat mixture into the banana mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the diet banana bread batter into the baking pan and smooth the top.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 40 minutes.
- Then cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes to finish the sugar-free banana bread.
- Check with a toothpick to see if it’s done. If ready, remove from the oven and let it cool for at least half an hour.
- Use the parchment paper to remove the bread from the baking pan, slice it, and it’s ready to be enjoyed! Bon appétit!
Tips for Diet Banana Bread:
You can add nuts, such as coarsely chopped walnuts or sugar-free chocolate chips, into the batter.
If you prefer it sweeter, you can also add sweetener alongside the bananas.
Back to the articles in the category