Fried Banana is maybe less known than fried apple, yet it is truly a delicious dessert. It can be made with or without breading, in the oven or on the stovetop. It is incredibly easy to prepare and tastes great whether baked plain or with a crispy coating. The possibilities for variation are endless, and the outcome depends only on our imagination.
It is a popular fragrant dessert during the cold winter days, filling the entire house with a heartwarming aroma. Furthermore, it can be easily customized and enriched with different spices, other fruits, chocolate, or ice cream, allowing plenty of room for creativity.
Basic fried banana recipe
Ingredients (for about 5 servings):
- 4-5 large bananas
- 1 unit of cornstarch (optional)
- 1 unit of water (optional)
- flour for coating
- a pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- honey, vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
Instructions for making fried banana:
- First, heat the oil in a skillet on the stove.
- Mix the cornstarch and cold water thoroughly in a 1:1 ratio.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Roll the halved bananas in flour first and then in the cornstarch mixture.
- Place them in the hot oil. They should cook quickly, so be cautious as they only need a few seconds on each side. They can easily burn.
- Transfer them to a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Arrange them on plates according to your desired presentation.
They are best enjoyed fresh. They can be drizzled with honey or melted chocolate and served with ice cream (vanilla or chocolate primarily, but any flavor available at home) for a true flavor explosion. It’s worth a try! This treat can be prepared quickly and easily, making it an excellent choice for entertaining guests. If desired, it can be further garnished and enriched with toasted nuts, almonds, or any kind of seeds. Instead of honey, a good-quality plum jam (or other jam) can be spread or drizzled on top. It can be variated in countless ways, limited only by our imagination and the ingredients at hand. This allows for different flavors each time, ensuring we won’t get tired of it. It can even be enhanced with alcohol. We can also experiment with frying other types of fruits.
Back to the articles in the category