Like other fruits, grilled banana is not particularly popular. However, grilling has been gaining popularity recently. Not only in the summer but all year round, so more and more people are giving it a try. And it’s not without reason, as you can create very special desserts with them. Traditional asparagus, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, and other vegetables can also be prepared in various ways. They can be turned into quick and easy dishes that can be served in no time. Moreover, they can be prepared in the oven, pan, or outdoor grill. They can be seasoned in many ways because the seasoning of fruits and vegetables truly brings out their flavor.
Desserts can also be made on the grill, as fruits can be grilled as well. The most delicious ones when baked are apples, pears, apricots, peaches, pineapples, and bananas. You can also experiment with Greek or honeydew melons. You can create truly unique and light desserts with them.
- 4 firm, unripe bananas
- 5 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
Step-by-step instructions for grilled bananas:
- First, prepare the grill so that by the time the fruit and marinade are ready, you can start grilling.
- Peel he bananas. However, they can also be grilled with the peel on. It’s worth trying different ways. You can skewer them and grill them that way, or you can cut them in half lengthwise – you can even cut them into different shapes and sizes according to your preference.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice.
- Mix the five tablespoons of honey with the prepared bananas and coat them with this marinade according to taste.
- Grill them on the preheated grill, cooking both sides for a few minutes.
Once they are done, serve them on plates with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. You can garnish with fresh mint or lemon balm leaves. You can also prepare a refreshing melon drink to accompany it! It’s a fantastic summer dessert after a grilled lunch or dinner. Enjoy your meal!
Back to the articles in the category